Saturday, February 21, 2015

Baby Kicks

 Today started out very easy going. Cameron went in to study for a test he has coming up on Monday, and I was home cleaning and getting ready for the day. It was a beautiful day outside and some of Cameron's classmates were going to go hit some golf balls at the golf course on base and they invited us to come. So we went to Goodwill and got some cheap golf clubs and met up with his classmates.
 While we were out there I could feel the baby moving around and kicking. I've noticed in the last few days that the kicks had been getting harder and I was hoping that they might be hard enough for Cameron to feel.
 We came home and we were relaxing on the couch. Cameron was doing some genealogy work and I was watching Ice Skating. I felt the baby kick and put my hand on my belly to see if I could feel it on the outside too. I felt a small kick, so I quickly grabbed Cameron's hand and put it on my belly. He held his hand there for a moment and then.. THUMP..THUMP........THUMP!! Cameron wasn't sure he felt the first one but he definitely felt the other two.
 Seeing the excitement and surprise on his face made the perfect ending to a perfect day. That was such a special moment and I'm so grateful the baby was willing to give daddy some good kicks and give us that tender family moment.

We find out the gender on March 9th and we are so excited we can hardly stand it!!!We do have our names picked out. If it's a girl, she will be Kori Sandra Kay Flewellen, in honor of Cameron's mom, Sandra Kay Flewellen, who passed away. And if it's a boy, he'll be Waylon Davis Flewellen. We can't wait to put a name with the baby and start getting all the fun girl or boy stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment