Thursday, December 29, 2011

Just Need Patience

I've been done with school since october, and I've had my license since November. Why is it so hard to find a job once you graduate? Everyone only offers minimum wage and next to no hours to start off, just when things are looking good...BOOM... nope, turns out every salon is afraid of people right out of school. Although, this one sounded good and it helps you with progression, but I can't afford minimum wage and hardly any hours. It's kinda getting frustrating. Do I take a chance and take it as a challenge? Or do I keep on searching for someone to give me a full-time stylist position. I don't like having to make these decisions, but I guess it's a trial I need to overcome. Keep your fingers crossed!

Here are some pictures from when I was in beauty school




2 comments:

  1. Start up your own business at home....that will give you some experience when applying for the full time stylist jobs...Advertise on your blog, Facebook, with the ward, on the neighborhood mailboxes etc. Ask the girls in your young womens, they would be perfect reference and advertisement for you. They are all about hair at that age. Plus people everywhere want to save money so I'm sure you'll get some customers started that way. I hope things work out like you want. I totally understand the being patient thing. It's very frustrating and annoying. But I love you and will be thinking about you. Good luck Chels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ya I'm at the point where I just wanna do it at home now. But I need to set up a chair and a sink so I can get my house certified, cause I could lose my license if state board found out I was doing hair at all at my house. That's why I've done friends and family and a few neighbors for now. I wanna get that going as soon as possible though. That's the next goal. :)

    ReplyDelete